Oceanic Liquid Seaweed Fertilizer is produced from kelp, a seaweed that grows at tremendous rates the world over and can reach lengths of over 50 metres in some areas.
The kelp that our fertilizer uses is harvested from the cool waters of the Orkney Islands and is packed with nutrients that help plants attain these extraordinary growth rates.
We only harvest our crop in a sustainable manner in its prime when their nutrients are at the highest. When these nutrients are concentrated into our fertilizer, you can expect some great results because it works in many ways, and look forward to all of these :-
More flowers! Up to 25% more flowers in some cases.
Benefits plants during drought and stress through enhancing uptake of nutrients.
Better germination of seeds when soaked in liquid seaweed solution.
Stimulates root growth in young transplants.
Greater crop yield.
Plus many more uses.
Don’t take our word for it. Try it for yourself.
500ml Oceanic Liquid Seaweed Fertilizer £7.99
Shipping – UK Only – 1st Bottle £1.99
Shipping – Per Bottle – Additional £1.50
If you wish to pay by cheque or postal order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How Does Liquid Seaweed Work?
Can one product really be so versatile in its action on plants, especially at such low application strengths?
The answer is YES.
Even at low concentrations, the dual action of the liquid seaweed’s phytohormones, cytokinins and betaines, accelerate the building and functioning of a healthy plant when fed along with basic nutrients – N, P, K and trace elements.
The phytohormones act on :-
Cell division, especially root development, often enhancing the root system by over 100%; also flower and fruit set resulting in improvement in crop yields and quality.
Cell membranes, thus enhancing uptake of other substances into the plant both through the root and leaves, eg nutrients and fungicides.
Of crucial importance is its overall promotion of a strong, healthy plant plus special actions of the betaines maximise resistance to stress from many impacts.
When used as a foliar spray it ensures the rapid delivery of key elements to areas of most need, particularly under deficiency stress.
How Is Oceanic Made?
Our fertilizer uses sustainable reaping methods to ensure the future of the natural crop. It only harvests the weed when in season and the growing circumstances are at their premium. Only the healthiest of the crop is harvested at the prime time. By using these methods, we can ensure that only the best seaweed concentrate is produced that promotes superb growth, therefore yield and activity in any plant.
The production process does not use any acid, caustic or organic solvent. It is an organic product in the truest sense that has undergone comprehensive trials within the organic growing community.
Oceanic has been developed by using a variety of new techniques that ensures that whatever it is used for, from garden lawns to flower beds and crops in greenhouses, it will produce outstanding plant growth activities.
How To Use Our Seaweed Extract
How to Use
- To maximize the benefits of liquid kelp, use it as part of a well-balanced plant nutritional program.
- The concentrate is always further diluted with water (preferably with an approximate pH of 6.0) to the appropriate concentration and applied to foliage or soil. The plant absorbs the extract immediately and is responding by the second day.
- Always shake or mix Oceanic well before diluting. Only make up what you can use at one time.
- Foliar application is the most efficient and effective method. Kelp extracts are 8 to 20 times more effective when applied to the leaves then when broadcast on the soil. Spray as a fine mist until it drips off the plants’ surfaces.
- Our kelp extract can be used with a variety of sprayers — plant misters, pump-up, backpack, hose-end, or tractor sprayers. The dilution rates provided here are based on area measurements. Depending on the type of sprayer you have, simply dilute the product with the appropriate amount of water for your sprayer to cover a specific area. Liquid seaweed also works well with irrigation systems.
When to Use
- Apply the fertilizer to improve specific growth stages. For example:
- To promote additional buds, apply the extract when plants are beginning to bud
- To extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables, spray 10 days before harvesting
- To lengthen the life of cut flowers, spray Oceanic a day or two before cutting
- In lieu of trying to catch specific growth stages, apply the product every 2 to 4 weeks.
- The solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves’ stoma are open. Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun is most intense and the stoma are closed. Also avoid spraying it before it rains or while it is raining.
How to Store
Oceanic has a shelf life of one year when kept from extreme temperatures. Avoid freezing and direct sunlight. Always close the lid tightly.
Dilution Rates and Application Frequencies
Use a Wetting Agent:
Our kelp concentrate should be used with a mild bio-degradable detergent or a non-ionic surfactant. This will help prevent beading on the foliage and allow more efficient uptake by the seeds, plants, and soil. Avoid harsh detergents, or spreader stickers for pesticides.
Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of detergent per 1 gallon of fully diluted extract. Use manufacturer’s instructions for a surfactant.
Vegetables, Flowers, Lawns, Fruits, Berries, Trees, and Shrubs:
- Large areas: mix 2 gallon of the solution with enough water to cover 1 acre. Small areas: mix 2 tablespoon of Oceanic with enough water to cover 300 square feet
Hay & Forage Crops (grasses & legumes), and Feed (corn & small grains):
Liquid kelp applied to pasture crops increases the nutrient uptake, the protein content, and overall quality of the crop.
- Feed: Apply 2 gallon per acre during 4-6 leaf stage, repeated in 10-14 days.
- Hay: Apply 2 gallon per acre to young re-growth 7-14 days after mowing.
- Forage: Apply 2 gallon per acre to pastures before animals are set out, and again at monthly intervals, or sooner if stress symptoms appear.
- For intensively-managed pasture, apply ½ gallon per acre to each section shortly after animals are moved out. If rotation is less than 2 weeks, apply every other time that animals are moved out.
Treating seeds or seed pieces with liquid seaweed fertilizer prior to planting will improve seed germination, root growth, and early seedling vigor. Seeds or seed pieces can be treated in one of the following ways:
- Lightly mist the seeds or seed pieces before planting with 8 teaspoons diluted in 1 gallon of water. Use approximately 2 gallon of this solution to cover 1 acre,
- Soak the seeds, seed pieces, or bulbs for 5 to 10 seconds with 8 teaspoons diluted in 1 gallon of water.
Rooting Solution and Transplanting:
- Our kelp concentrate also can be used as a rooting solution. Place cuttings in a solution and water until roots develop, then plant. When planting, water in with the solution.
Solution Dilution Rate: 8 teaspoons of liquid seaweed fertilizer to 1 gallon water.